Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Adam's Song

I was just listening to one of my favorite songs, Adam's Song by Blink 182.  While I knew it was about suicide, and its quite a depressing song, I just heard the actual lyrics to one line I had been mishearing all of these years.  The line the way I heard it was "Remember the time I spilled the cup/ of apple juice in the hall/  please tell mom it was not her fault."  So I thought it was about him apologizing for spilling a cup of apple juice.  The actual line is "Remember the time I spilled the cup/ of apple juice in the hall/ please tell mom this is not her fault."  Assuming this is a suicide note confession, he is informing his mother that she did not cause him to kill himself.  Don't tell me that the transition from spilling apple juice to a son's suicide not being the mother's fault is not the craziest transition ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment