Popular Posts

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Radio Killed the Hip-Hop Star

If you listened to the radio at all over the summer, you heard the same five songs played about 85% of the time.  And it seemed as if B.o.B's "Airplanes, pt. II" was second only to Eminem's "Love the Way You Lie" in radio plays.  When B.o.B Presents: The Adventures of Bobby Ray first dropped last April, this was easily my favorite new song at the time.  Then after having it piped into my ears almost constantly, I started to feel the same way Tyler, the Creator does about B.o.B (see: "Yonkers").  However it recently came up on shuffle and I realized once again how much I like that song.  Bottom line: don't listen to the radio too much, and go give some of your favorite songs that radio killed another listen, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment